Visiting Tanah Abang



The New Facility Named Tanah Abang Explorer
Tanah Abang Explorer

The New Facility Named Tanah Abang Explorer 

In spending last December vacation, I visited Tanah Abang, a very major wholesale market located in the heart of Jakarta. If I am not mistaken, it is the largest market throughout South East Asia region. Meanwhile, the new governor just managed the area that had been known very messy for so long. That was my reason why I chose to visit Tanah Abang after so long for not being there, to make sure things as well as some pictures I found through social media. I’m a kind of person who can’t believe something easily, you know ...

 

Well, seeing and observing the phenomenon that occurred in the last few years when most Indonesians including myself who were easily fascinated by looking at photographs displayed on social media that generally aim to form and lead opinion related to political affairs.
For sure, I'm not related to any political parties and have no interest at all but according to me, it is good to be critical to look at the phenomenon that have been built over the past few years as mentioned above for quoting one wisdom belongs to the Javanese society: "Ojo gumunan, ojo kagetan and ojo dumeh  which approximately mean: Do not easily wonder, do not be easily surprised, do not act as you are the only boss".
Those words of wisdom remain relevant to be applied in seeing various phenomena for our rationality to stay awake. Haven’t in the last few years, many circulation of photographs that are claimed to be in Jakarta but in fact they are proven hoaxes at all?
Back to the discussion, the main purpose to visit Tanah Abang that day was to ensure the condition of Tanah Abang as good as reported, and after being there and seeing things myself, I came to a conclusion that they weren’t hoaxes.
But there was one thing that I had never planned to see it before leaving for Tanah Abang that day when I saw a shuttle bus called as Tanah Abang Explorer.  So, I suddenly talked to myself that this is the news that I should write :)
I found a satpol officer next to shuttle bus and asked him about it. He said that if it is indeed a new facility for Pasar Tanah Abang visitors and just existed a week before. That officer further told me that the shuttle bus is free of charge to anybody and there were 10 units available.
Then, I got onto the shuttle bus and for sure, I kept asking another guy who was in charge inside the shuttle bus about the existence of it and more.
The New Facility Named Tanah Abang Explorer
Inside Tanah Abang Explorer

During the trip, I witnessed the enthusiasm of visitors of Tanah Abang to get onto the new facility, especially old women who carried their groceries. They were very assisted and felt happy as seen from the smiles on their faces.
I really appreciate for what a new governor has done in Tanah Abang.


 


loading...
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment